I’m transitioning into a period of my life where all of my friends no longer live near me (in all fairness, I left them, not the other way around. They’re all still finishing up their degrees) so I’m (loosely) making new friends. So I’m finding that I have to introduce myself a lot and tell people about me. I figured, since I’m doing that all the time then why not do it here? So, without further ado, here are 5 things to let you guys get to know me a bit better:
1. I’m a sucky swimmer. It’s summer in Texas, all the pools are opening back up, and I’m just not that great. I had a bit of a traumatic experience when I was younger and in swim team and it has made me realize that swimming will never be one of my marketable skills. I think my plan of action will be a nice big pair of sunglasses and a book and I’ll just sit in the shade while my siblings play around in the water.
2. I love animals, especially dogs. I just feel this weird connection and can’t help but feel protective and loving over them. However, I will always love my dog Daisy the most.
3. I hate grippy paperclips. I absolutely abhor them. They don’t want to come off and they leave dirty streaks on the tops of the papers. I hate it so much!!
4. If it came down the choice of spending time with friends or with family, I would choose family. Every time. Because I’m lame, boring, and predictable. I love my friends, don’t get me wrong, but it’s so freeing being with family and knowing that even if they profess to judge you, they won’t. And because I’m a boring person who doesn’t have to pretend to be having fun at home. Yeah, I’m a lazy socializer.
5. I’m addicted to many things, but the biggest one is solitaire on my phone. And I just discovered Candy Crush. Too bad they don’t have meetings for these things!
It rained an hour ago, but goodbye from a (now) sunny day in San Antonio!