Every year people make goals and plaster them all over social media. I’m nothing if not a conformist, so I decided last week to start writing up some goals I want to accomplish in the new year and here is what I came up with:
- Invest in 2 nice pairs of well-fitting jeans. This may seem like a silly goal, but I haven’t owned a well-fitted pair of quality jeans for about 10 years. I’m so cheap that I settle for $10 jeans which are baggy in the backside and tight around the waist. Lose-lose. If you know of any good brands, please leave a comment and let me know! (I’m hopeless when it comes to fashion.)
- Complete the 2017 Reading Challenge. Big surprise, Danielle wants to read more books this year. But I love the idea of going out of my comfort zone and reading books in categories and genres I wouldn’t normally be interested in. I hope to read some exciting sci-fi, dry histories, and cheesy romances.
- Be more open and myself when on dates. I’m extremely closed off around guys and that has made dating pretty excruciating. The awkwardness of a hundred virtual blind-dates (thanks, Tinder…) from the past year can be draining on one’s constitution! So, perhaps if I’m more myself and honest with guys, things will turn out better. I don’t need to force something if it isn’t there, but I shouldn’t be closed-off to new experiences either.
- Move into my first, official apartment. Aww yiss…no more random roommates, or picky and hard-to-reach owners. I will move into an actual apartment complex and sign a lease for Michelle and I and it will be glorious to call it all MY OWN.
- Find a closer, better-paying job. I love my job; it has introduced me to the world of Human Resources and Recruiting and I find that I’m quite good at it. However, my job is currently 25 miles away (looooong commute) and the pay is fairly low. So this year the goal is to either find ways to make it work or search for a job closer to home.
- Learn some sign language. Again, this might seem like a frivolous goal (since I don’t know any deaf people) but I’ve always had a desire to learn another language and sign-language has particularly had a drawn for me, so if I could learn it conversationally, then I think that would be pretty cool.
So, there you have it. My goals for the year. And not a single one about dieting or exercise! Because, let’s face it, I never complete those goals anyways.
Do you have any cool and interesting goals this year? Please let me know in the comments! It would be great to find some more from you interesting people 🙂
Lots of love, and a Happy New Year,